What is Aadhaar KYC ? How to get Aadhaar E-KYC paperless ?
KYC (Know Your Customer) is an essential process used to verify the identity of individuals for various purposes, including Aadhaar Card registration. The KYC process for Aadhaar Card involves providing necessary documents and completing verification procedures. Additionally, e-KYC (Electronic Know Your Customer) allows for online verification, making the process more convenient.
Here’s a brief explanation of the Aadhaar Card KYC and e-KYC process:
KYC Process for Aadhaar Card:
- Gather Required Documents: Collect the necessary documents for Aadhaar Card KYC, such as proof of identity (e.g., passport, PAN card) and proof of address (e.g., utility bills, bank statements).
- Visit the Enrollment Center: Locate the nearest Aadhaar Enrollment Center and visit in person. Carry the original documents as well as photocopies for submission.
- Fill Out the Application Form: Complete the Aadhaar Card application form with accurate details. Ensure that you provide correct personal information, including your name, date of birth, and address.
- Submit Biometric Data: At the Enrollment Center, your biometric data will be collected, including fingerprints and iris scan. Cooperate with the officials and follow their instructions during this process.
- Receive Acknowledgment Slip: After completing the application and biometric data submission, you will receive an acknowledgment slip containing an enrollment number. Keep this slip safe for future reference and tracking the status of your Aadhaar Card.
e-KYC Process for Aadhaar Card:
- Online Application: Visit the official UIDAI website or use the mAadhaar app to initiate the e-KYC process. Fill out the required details, including your Aadhaar number and registered mobile number.
- Authenticate using OTP: Upon submitting the application, you will receive a One-Time Password (OTP) on your registered mobile number. Entering your OTP it will verify your identity.
- Biometric Verification: In some cases, e-KYC may require biometric verification. This can be done at designated Aadhaar Seva Kendras or centers equipped with biometric devices.
- Update Information: Verify and update your personal details, if necessary, during the e-KYC process. Please check that all the information you have written is correct. Receive e-KYC Confirmation: After successful verification, you will receive an e-KYC confirmation, which can be used as a valid proof of identity and address.
It is important to note that the KYC and e-KYC processes may vary based on the latest guidelines and requirements set by the UIDAI (Unique Identification Authority of India). Stay updated with the official UIDAI website for the most accurate and up-to-date information regarding the Aadhaar Card KYC and e-KYC processes.
Benefits of Aadhaar E-KYC:
KYC based on Aadhaar card is widely accepted due to its simplicity and time savings. Some of the benefits of Aadhaar E-KYC are:
- Aadhaar E-KYC complies with government guidelines. Therefore, it is very reliable.
- E-KYC is a paperless process. This makes the whole process greener and faster. Digitizing data minimizes the risk of document forgery.
- E-KYC can only be performed with individual consent. Therefore, fraud is less likely.
- Checks are immediate and real-time.
- E-KYC is cheaper than regular paper-based authentication. Verification is performed via UIDAI’s encrypted network, ensuring data protection.
Paperless way to get Aadhar E-KYC
The basic first step to complete the E-KYC is to have your Aadhaar card ready. Once you have received your Aadhaar card,please follow the steps below:
- 1.Login to the UIDAI website.
- 2.Download the Aadhaar Offline Paperless E-KYC Form.
- fill the form and submit it.
- 4.You can download the required information in XML format. This document is digitally signed by UIDAI to verify details.
Which organizations use Aadhaar E-KYC?
Several organizations are now looking to Aadhaar E-KYC to verify their customers.Some of them are :
- Trading account
- LPG service provider
- Banks and investment fund companies
- Stock Exchange
- KYC registration agency
How can I check my Aadhaar KYC status?
If you want to use financial services, you must first follow KYC guidelines. However,if you are unsure if you are compliant with his KYC, please check the following steps.
Step 1: Visit the official website of the KYC Registration Authority(KRA).
Step 2: Fill your Permanent Account Number(PAN) details.
You will know immediately if you are KYC compliant.If not, you can complete the proper steps via Aadhaar-based biometrics.Considering the numerous benefits of Aadhaar e-KYC, it is understandable why you would be overly concerned about finding procedures for KYC compliance. However, I would like to leave that for another day.
See this post for details on how to download the new Aadhar card form in PDF format. It can be used for new registration of Aadhar card. Thank you very much!