How to change photo in aadhaar card
Given that Aadhaar cards are among the most significant identity documents provided by the Indian government, they hardly need an introduction. It includes the cardholder’s biometric data as well as demographic information.
Aadhaar is a national government-issued 12-digit unique identifying number for Indian citizens. UIDAI (Unique Identification Authority of India) oversees and issues Aadhaar. Every resident Indian citizen’s information, including name, address, contact information, photo, and biometric information, will be recorded and verified by this system.
Change photo in aadhaar card
To change the photo on your Aadhaar card, you will need to follow the steps for updating Aadhaar details. Here’s the process:
- Visit the official UIDAI website (https://uidai.gov.in/) and click on the “Update Your Aadhaar” section.
- Select the “Update Demographics Data Online” option to proceed with the correction process.
- Enter your Aadhaar details, including your Aadhaar number and registered mobile number. Verify your identity with an OTP (One-Time Password) sent to your mobile.
- Select the option to update the photograph. You will be required to upload a recent passport-sized photograph as per the specifications provided on the UIDAI website.
- Submit the update request along with the supporting documents, if required.
- After submitting the request, you will receive an Update Request Number (URN) to track the status of your photo update request.
- The updated Aadhaar card with the new photograph will be sent to you once the request is processed and approved by UIDAI.
Steps to download e - Aadhaar
To download your e-Aadhaar, follow these steps:
- Visit the official UIDAI website (https://uidai.gov.in/) and click on the “Download Aadhaar” option.
- On the next page, select the appropriate option under “I have” – Aadhaar, VID, or Enrolment ID (EID). Choose the option that matches the identification document you possess.
- Enter the required details such as your Aadhaar number/VID/EID, full name, PIN code, and the registered mobile number. Verify your identity by entering the security code displayed on the page.
- Click on the “Request OTP” button to receive an OTP (One-Time Password) on your registered mobile number. If you have a TOTP (Time-Based One-Time Password), select the “I have TOTP” option and enter the generated TOTP.
- Enter the OTP/TOPT received in the respective field and click on the “Download Aadhaar” button.
- A PDF version of your e-Aadhaar will be downloaded.
- You’ll need a password in order to access the PDF download. Your name’s first four characters in capital letters and your birth year, written in YYYY format, make up the password. The password, for instance, would be “JOHN1990” if your name is John Doe and your birth year is 1990.
- Open the downloaded PDF and enter the password when prompted.
- You can now view and print your e-Aadhaar card.
Ans: Yes, you can change the photograph on your Aadhaar card by following the process for updating Aadhaar details.
Ans: The photograph should be recent, in color, and meet the specified size and format requirements provided by UIDAI.
Ans: Supporting documents may be required if there are changes to other demographic details along with the photograph correction. Please refer to the UIDAI website for specific requirements.
Ans: The processing time for updating the photo on your Aadhaar card can vary. You can track the status of your request using the Update Request Number (URN) provided after submission.
Ans: Yes, you can update other demographic details along with the photo correction if needed. Ensure you provide the correct information and supporting documents, if applicable.
Ans: You can track the status of your photo update request using the Update Request Number (URN) provided during the submission process. Visit the UIDAI website and enter the URN to check the status.
Ans: Once the photo update is processed and approved, you can download the updated Aadhaar card, which will reflect the new photograph.
Ans: As of my knowledge cutoff in September 2021, updating the photograph on your Aadhaar card is free of cost. However, it is always advisable to check the latest updates and guidelines on the UIDAI website for any changes in fees or charges.
Changing the photo on your Aadhaar card is possible by following the process for updating Aadhaar details provided by UIDAI. It involves providing the necessary documents, uploading a new photograph that meets the specified requirements, and submitting an update request. Tracking the status of the request using the provided URN allows you to stay informed about the progress. Once the photo update is approved, you can download the updated Aadhaar card reflecting the new photograph. It is important to ensure accuracy and adhere to UIDAI guidelines throughout the photo correction process.
See this post for details on how to download the new Aadhar card form in PDF format. It can be used for new registration of Aadhar card. Thank you very much!