How To Check Aadhar Update History
Have you ever updated the KYC information on your Aadhaar card? If so, you may easily track every update made to your Aadhaar number from its creation. This article explains how to view your Aadhaar update history in detail and explains why it’s important.
The Unique Identification Authority of India (UIDAI) tweeted in July 2018 that Aadhaar users who have registered their mobile numbers could view the status of their Aadhaar updates online.
Check Aadhar Update History
To check the update history of your Aadhaar card, follow these steps:
- Visit the official UIDAI website (https://uidai.gov.in/).
- In the “My Aadhaar” section, select the “Aadhaar Update History” option.
- Enter your Aadhaar number or Virtual ID (VID) and the security code displayed on the page.
- The page will display the update history of your Aadhaar card, including the date and time of each update or correction made.
- Send an OTP (One-Time Password) to the registered mobile number you have provided.
- After entering the OTP, press the “Submit” button.
- You can download or print the update history for reference or verification purposes.
Details available under the aadhaar update history
The information that you can view utilising the Aadhaar update history service is listed below.
- Update Request Number (URN) : It is a special number that is given to each person who has an Aadhaar card. Every time you ask for an update, a unique URN is created. You will be given a URN, for instance, if you have requested to update your cellphone number. Similar to that, you will get a new URN when you change your address. You may keep tabs on the update’s progress using the URN.
- Current Date: It is the day when you submitted your request to get your Aadhaar number updated.
- Variety of Update: It could be a fresh Aadhaar update request, a biometric request, or a demographic request.
- An image of the cardholder: The photo that was taken at the time of Aadhaar card generation is shown on the screen while reviewing your Aadhaar update history to verify your identity.
- Demographic information: Your card’s demographic information is listed on the screen. This information contains your name, birth date, gender, phone number, email address, and address.
- Time and date: The time and date that you last viewed the Aadhaar update history are also shown on the screen.
When looking at the Aadhaar update history, keep the following in mind:
While checking the Aadhaar update history, here are some important things to keep in mind:
- Authenticity: Ensure that you are visiting the official UIDAI website (https://uidai.gov.in/) to check the update history.
- Aadhaar Number: You will need your Aadhaar number or Virtual ID (VID) to access the update history.
- Registered Mobile Number: The registered mobile number linked to your Aadhaar should be active as you will receive an OTP for authentication during the process.
- Security Code: Enter the security code correctly as displayed on the page. This helps ensure that you are a real user and not a bot.
- Privacy: Be cautious when accessing your Aadhaar update history on shared or public devices. Avoid entering sensitive information on such devices to maintain privacy.
- Review Updates: Carefully review the update history to verify if any changes or corrections have been made. Cross-check with your own records to ensure accuracy.
- Contact UIDAI for Discrepancies: If you notice any unauthorized or incorrect updates in the history, promptly contact UIDAI for assistance. Report any discrepancies or potential security concerns.
Benefits of Aadhaar Update History :
The Aadhaar Update History offers several benefits, including:
- Verification of Changes: The update history allows individuals to verify the changes made to their Aadhaar card, such as updates to personal information, address, or biometric details. It helps ensure the accuracy and integrity of the data associated with the Aadhaar card.
- Transparency and Accountability: By providing a log of all updates and corrections, the update history promotes transparency and accountability. Individuals can track when and what changes were made, which can be helpful in case of any disputes or discrepancies.
- Identity Protection: The update history acts as a security measure by allowing individuals to monitor any unauthorized changes made to their Aadhaar card. It helps in identifying and reporting any potential identity theft or misuse of Aadhaar information.
- Documentation and Reference: The update history serves as a documentation of changes made over time, providing a reference point for individuals to keep track of their Aadhaar card’s evolution. It can be useful for various purposes, including official documentation and record-keeping.
- Resolving Issues: In case of any discrepancies or errors in the Aadhaar card, the update history can assist in identifying when and how the changes were made. This information can be used to resolve issues with relevant authorities or UIDAI.
Ans: No, checking the Aadhaar update history is completely free of cost. There are no charges involved in accessing this information.
Ans: No, you can only check the update history of your own Aadhaar card. The update history contains confidential information and should not be accessed or shared without proper authorization.
Ans: The Aadhaar update history typically includes the date and time of each update or correction made to your Aadhaar card. It also provides information on the type of update (biometric or demographic) and may include relevant remarks, if any.
Ans: Yes, you can download or print the Aadhaar update history for reference or verification purposes. The UIDAI website usually provides an option to save or print the update history.
Ans: If you come across any unauthorized or incorrect updates in the Aadhaar update history, it is important to immediately report the issue to UIDAI. Contact their helpline or send an email to inform them about the problem. UIDAI will guide you on the necessary steps to resolve the matter and rectify any incorrect information.
Checking the Aadhaar update history is a valuable feature provided by UIDAI that allows individuals to verify and track changes made to their Aadhaar card. It promotes transparency, accountability, and identity protection by enabling users to monitor updates and detect any unauthorized changes. The update history serves as a documentation of modifications over time and can be used for reference or official purposes. If any discrepancies are noticed, individuals can report them to UIDAI for resolution. By regularly checking the update history, individuals can ensure the accuracy and security of their Aadhaar card information.
See this post for details on how to download the new Aadhar card form in PDF format. It can be used for new registration of Aadhar card. Thank you very much!