How To Link Aadhaar Card To Mutual Fund
The security of financial transactions is a growing concern in today’s world. With many transactions and large investments being made every day, it is necessary to have a system to manage duplicate and fake certificates. SEBI (Securities and Exchange Board of India) therefore made linking of Aadhaar card and mutual fund accounts mandatory. This rule comes after the 2017 amendment to the Prevention of Money Laundering Act (PMLA). All financial institutions must obtain an Aadhaar number for each mutual account. There are several ways to link Aadhaar card with mutual fund accounts. Continue reading to learn more
How to Link Aadhaar Card with Mutual Fund Accounts?
There are four ways to link an Aadhaar number with an investment account. These are:
In this method, the Aadhaar card can be linked with the investment account using the investment house. – Aadhaar link can be obtained from the fund manager. – Fill the details and attach self attested copy of Aadhaar card. – Submit the form to the cashier for further processing. – You will receive a confirmation message when the connection is complete.
This method to link Aadhaar card with mutual account is very easy and simple. The following steps can be used:
– Send “ADRLNK” status to PAN space Aadhaar number status Y on your mobile.- This message should be sent to 91 9212993399 registered to Karvy. – A confirmation message will be sent back when the link is ready.
You can send an email requesting to link Aadhaar card with mutual fund account with your AMC account which will do the needful. PAN number should also be provided along with this information. It is important to note here that before this, your email address must be linked to the mutual account. If the connection is successful, a confirmation will be sent to your email.
There are several ways to link Aadhaar card with mutual account through online method.
through the CAMS portal
The Computer Age Management Services (CAMS) portal helps you link your Aadhaar card with your mutual account. This portal acts as an intermediary between the owner of the investment account and the companies of investment funds. The steps in this process are as follows.
– Go to CAMS Aadhaar Linking Portal
– Choose the option that suits you – Personal, HUF or Impersonal
– Enter PAN details
– Press Send
– Enter Aadhaar Number, Name, Date of Birth, Gender and Mobile Number on the next screen. – Click on “Generate OTP” button to get OTP on your fund registered mobile number
– Enter the OTP and check the disclaimer box and press the “Submit” button.
– A request to link Aadhaar card with your mutual account will be sent. If the link is successful, the PAN number will also be linked to that account.
Aadhaar card linkage with mutual funds can be done through KARVY if they are your mutual registrar. The following steps apply to the connection process.
– Go to KARVY official website
– Click on the “Link Aadhaar” tab.
– Enter the PAN details and click on “Generate OTP”. Before that, you need to register your mobile number in the mutual fund house. – OTP will be sent to the registered mobile number
– Enter the OTP and select the mutual fund scheme to be linked to the Aadhaar card. – Enter the Aadhaar number in the provided box and press “Submit”. – After the connection process is completed, a confirmation message will be sent by KARVY.
through Franklin Templeton
If you have a mutual account through Franklin Templeton, consolidation can be done through Franklin Templeton. This cannot be done through any other website. The steps in the connection process are as follows:
– Go to Franklin Templeton’s official website. – Click on the “Customer Service” tab. – Below this click on the “Instant Services” tab and select “Update Aadhaar Number”. – Enter PAN on the next page. – Enter the data of the selected option on the next page Date of birth, Pincode or Last transaction amount. – If you press the Next button, you must enter the bank account number. – On the next page you have to enter the Aadhaar number and click on the ‘Submit’ button. – If the process is successfully completed, a confirmation message will be sent to the owner of the account.
List of Mutual Fund Houses serviced by CAMS and KARVY
Linking of Aadhaar Card with Mutual Fund Accounts through CAMS and KARVY can be done only for the following Mutual Fund Houses.
L&T Mutual Fund
LIC Mutual Fund
HDFC Mutual Fund
ICICI Prudential Mutual Fund
Axis Mutual Fund
DSPBR Mutual Fund
HSBC Mutual Fund
DHFL Pramerica Mutual Fund
IIFL Mutual Fund
Motilal Oswal Mutual Fund
IDFC Mutual Fund
Peerless Mutual Fund
PPFAS Mutual Fund
Baroda Pioneer Mutual Fund
Birla Sunlife Mutual Fund
BOI AXA Mutual Fund
SBI Mutual Fund
IDBI Mutual Fund
Tata Mutual Fund
Taurus Mutual Fund
Kotak Mutual Fund
INVESCO Mutual Fund
Mahindra Mutual Fund
Mirae Asset Mutual Fund
Shriram Mutual Fund
Principal Mutual Fund
Union Mutual Fund
Quantum Mutual Fund
JM Financial Mutual Fund
Frequently Asked Questions
Aadhaar card can be linked with mutual funds in four different ways: Offline, SMS, Email, Online
Yes. According to Indian government rules, Aadhaar card must be linked to investment accounts
CAMS service 15 investment fund houses. Linking of Aadhaar card with any mutual account in this list can be done through CAMS.
Once the process of linking Aadhaar card and mutual fund account is complete, the account holder will receive a confirmation message.