How To Link Aadhaar Card To NPS Account
Aadhaar Card is a genuine identity card issued by the Government of India. It can be used for various services and systems like bank account, subsidies like LPG, insurance etc. This includes biometrics, iris scanning and facial recognition of citizens. This helps to avoid duplication and false registration in different service agencies and helps them to provide smooth service. Government of India has made linking of Aadhaar card with National Permanent System (NPS) account mandatory to ensure beneficiary verification and transparency. Government officials are demanding to make it mandatory for pension and other post-retirement benefits. Read below for details on how to link Aadhaar card with NPS account.
How to Link Aadhaar Card to NPS Account?
The NPS keeps records of all pensioners in our country. As a government employee, you need to open a new Permanent Retirement Account Number (PRAN), also known as NPS. The maximum age for opening an account is now 65 years.
– NPS has two types of pension schemes – Tier 1 and Tier 2 pension schemes. – In a level 1 pension scheme, money cannot be withdrawn before the age of 60, unless there are exceptional circumstances. – In the second level pension system, money can be withdrawn at any time. It can be used for important milestones in life like child education, marriage, purchase of real estate etc. – NRIs can also avail the benefits of this pension scheme through regular deposits. – Minimum contribution to NPS account is Rs. 6000 per year. – Tax benefits are available to the account holder after a minimum of Rs. This account shows 1.5 lacs. – This account can also be considered as a savings program to mitigate unforeseen financial crises.
Sure, here’s the step-by-step process to link your Aadhaar card to your NPS account using the online method:
- Visit NPS Official Website: Go to the official website of the National Pension System (NPS) using a web browser.
- Login to Your NPS Account: Log in to your NPS account using your User ID and password. If you don’t have an account, you’ll need to create one.
- Locate Aadhaar Linking Option: Once logged in, look for the option related to linking your Aadhaar to your NPS account. This might be labeled as “Link Aadhaar,” “Aadhaar Seeding,” or something similar.
- Enter Aadhaar Number: Enter your 12-digit Aadhaar number in the designated field.
- Verify Captcha: Complete any captcha or verification challenges presented.
- Authenticate with OTP: A One-Time Password (OTP) will be sent to your registered mobile number linked with Aadhaar. Enter this OTP in the provided field.
- Submit OTP: Click on the “Submit” or “Verify OTP” button to proceed.
- Confirmation: Once the OTP is successfully verified, a confirmation message will appear on the screen stating that your Aadhaar has been linked to your NPS account.
- Check Aadhaar Linking Status: You may also find an option to check the status of your Aadhaar linking. Use this to ensure that the linkage process was successful.
Remember that the steps might slightly differ based on updates or changes to the NPS website’s interface. Always ensure that you are using the official NPS website and following trusted guidelines while linking your Aadhaar card to your NPS account online.
Here’s a detailed step-by-step guide to link your Aadhaar card to your NPS account using the offline method:
- Visit NPS Point of Presence (PoP): Locate a nearby NPS Point of Presence or authorized NPS service provider in your area.
- Collect Aadhaar Linking Form: Obtain the Aadhaar linking form provided at the NPS PoP.
- Fill Out the Form: Complete the Aadhaar linking form by providing your personal details, including your NPS account number and Aadhaar number.
- Attach Self-Attested Aadhaar Copy: Attach a self-attested copy of your Aadhaar card to the filled-out form.
- Submit the Form: Hand over the completed form along with the attached Aadhaar copy to the NPS PoP staff.
- Verification and Processing: The NPS service provider will verify the information and process the Aadhaar linkage request.
- Acknowledgment Receipt: Once the process is complete, you will receive an acknowledgment receipt as proof of your Aadhaar-NPS linkage request.
- Confirmation: Wait for confirmation from NPS about the successful linkage of your Aadhaar card to your NPS account.
- Check Status (Optional): If available, you can check the status of your Aadhaar linkage through the NPS portal or by contacting the service provider.
Remember to carry valid identification and copies of required documents when visiting the NPS PoP for the Aadhaar linking process.
Benefits of Linking Aadhaar Card and NPS Account
Linking Aadhaar card with NPS account has significant benefits.
– Opening an NPS account in itself leads to financial discipline through systematic saving. This is further ensured by linking it with the Aadhaar card. – The process is effortless and can easily be done online. – KYC norms can be completed quickly with this connection process. – Tax incentives are easy to take advantage of. – e-KYC helps with a hassle-free and quick verification process.
There are some important points to follow while linking Aadhaar card with NPS account and opening NPS account. – Within six months of opening an NPS account, a printout of the newly opened account must be submitted to CRA. This should be a signed copy for your records. If this step is not completed in time, the newly opened account will be blocked. – NPS account must be linked with Aadhaar card online and not by visiting the office. – For senior government employees, the process is limited to linking NPS account with Aadhaar card. For a new government employee, NPS account must first be opened and then Aadhaar card must be linked. – It is important to check that all personal details shared for Aadhaar card and NPS account are same. If there is a deviation, it should be reported to the authorities for corrective action. – Most importantly, you must apply for an Aadhaar card if not already done.
Frequently Asked Questions
An NPS account allows a government employee to contribute money towards retirement benefits. A minimum of Rs. 6000 per annum should be deposited into this account. Tax incentives are available for this investment
Following steps will help to link Aadhaar card with NPS account through NPS website:
Go to the official website of National Securities Deposit Limited (NSDL). It is the central registrar that links your NPS account with your Aadhaar card. Click Update Information. Select Aadhaar/Edit to enter Aadhaar number. At this point you will receive an OTP (One Time Password) to the registered mobile number. Enter the OTP. Click on Submit to link NPS account with Aadhaar card.
Yes. Government of India has made linking of Aadhaar card with NPS account mandatory.
Depending on the system chosen, it is possible to withdraw money from the NPS account. The Tier 2 system allows you to withdraw money without restrictions.