How To Link Aadhaar To Epf
The Government of India has mandated Aadhaar linkage with various government services, making it a crucial identity for residents. One such mandatory link is with the Employees Provident Fund (EPF). Linking Aadhaar with EPF offers the significant advantage of expediting the claim settlement process. According to the Employees Provident Fund Organization, having a Universal Account Number (UAN) is essential for provident fund claims. Under the new rule, linking your UAN with Aadhaar is now mandatory.
The Universal Account Number (UAN) is a 12-digit identifier issued to members of the Employees’ Provident Fund Organization (EPFO), facilitating the management of provident fund accounts. It is allocated to each member by the Ministry of Employment and Labor, ensuring continuity of access to PF-related information even when changing jobs.
The Government of India mandates the linkage of UAN with Aadhaar for employees. This linkage streamlines processes for transferring and withdrawing funds from the Employees Provident Fund (EPF). There are four methods prescribed by the government to link UAN with Aadhaar:
- UMANG App
- Official EPF website (https://unifiedportal-mem.epfindia.gov.in/memberinterface/)
- One-Time Password (OTP) verification on the EPFO e-KYC Portal
- Biometric credentials on the EPFO e-KYC Portal
These methods provide flexibility for members to complete the UAN-Aadhaar linkage as per their convenience and preference.
The UMANG (Unified Mobile Application for New-age Governance) app, developed by the Ministry of Electronics and Information Technology, empowers Indian citizens with access to nationwide e-Government services. Employees can use this app to link their Aadhaar to EPF accounts with the following steps:
- Download the UMANG app from Google Play Store, App Store, or Windows store. Alternatively, get the app link by giving a missed call to 97183-97183.
- Once the app is installed, open it and access the “All services” section.
- Within the “All services” section, locate and select ‘EPFO’ (Employees’ Provident Fund Organization).
- Under the EPFO options, choose ‘eKYC services.’
- Within eKYC services, select ‘Aadhaar seeding.’
- Provide your UAN (Universal Account Number) to initiate the process. Ensure that your mobile number is registered with EPFO.
- Upon entering the UAN, an OTP (One-Time Password) will be sent to your registered mobile number.
- Verify the OTP to proceed and input your Aadhaar details. After providing Aadhaar details, the app will send another OTP for mobile number verification.
- Once you’ve completed the above steps and your Aadhaar and UAN details match, the linkage between your UAN and Aadhaar will be successfully completed.
On the Website :
You can also link Aadhaar to your UAN through the official EPF website by following these instructions:
- Visit https://unifiedportal-mem.epfindia.gov.in/memberinterface/
- Log in using your UAN and Password.
- After logging in, go to the ‘Manage’ tab and select the ‘KYC’ option.
- Under the KYC option, you’ll find various document types like PAN, Passport, Aadhaar, etc.
- Choose the ‘Aadhaar’ option and enter the details as per your Aadhaar card.
- Once you’ve provided the details, click on the ‘Save’ button.
- The details will be saved as ‘pending KYC’ until your employer approves them.
- Upon approval, the linkage between your UAN and Aadhaar will be successfully completed.
By utilizing OTP (One-Time Password) verification:
You can also link Aadhaar to your UAN using OTP verification with the following steps:
- Visit the official EPF website.
- Click on ‘Link UAN Aadhaar’ under ‘For EPFO members,’ which will redirect you to the next window.
- Enter your UAN number along with the registered mobile number, and
- An OTP will be sent to the mobile number linked with your UAN.
- Once you verify the OTP, you can enter your Aadhaar details.
- Choose Aadhaar verification using either mobile or email-based OTP.
- After completing these verifications, your Aadhaar will be successfully linked to your UAN.
A1: Linking Aadhaar to your EPF account is mandated by the government to facilitate seamless identification and access to EPF benefits.
A2: Yes, it is mandatory as per government regulations. Linking Aadhaar helps streamline EPF processes.
A3: You can link Aadhaar to EPF through the EPF member portal by providing your UAN and Aadhaar details.
A4: Yes, you can also link Aadhaar to EPF offline by submitting a composite claim form to your employer.
A5: Linking Aadhaar simplifies EPF processes, such as withdrawal and claims settlement, and enhances security
Linking your Aadhaar to your Employee Provident Fund (EPF) account is a mandatory and beneficial step as per government regulations. It simplifies EPF processes, enhances security, and ensures a seamless experience when accessing EPF benefits. Whether you choose to link Aadhaar online through the EPF member portal or through an offline process with your employer, it’s important to comply with this requirement to enjoy the advantages it offers. Stay informed about any deadlines or updates in government guidelines to ensure a smooth transition and continued access to your EPF account.