How To Link Aadhaar To Lpg
In 2009, the Indian Government introduced a unique 12-digit identity number known as Aadhaar, based on demographic and biometric data of residents. By 2015, Aadhaar had become a primary identity verification document in India. The government has since encouraged residents to link Aadhaar to various services, including banking, LPG, telecom, marriage websites, tourism, travel, and more. To receive LPG subsidies provided by the government, it is essential to link your Aadhaar to your LPG gas connection.
In India, three major petroleum companies are:
- Indian Oil Corporation (IOCL)
- Bharat Petroleum Corporation (BPCL)
- Hindustan Petroleum Corporation (HPCL)
All other petroleum companies are managed by one of these three. Therefore, when linking your Aadhaar number to your LPG, first determine which of the three petroleum companies your LPG connection falls under.
Methods to connect your Aadhaar with your LPG connection:
There are several ways to link your Aadhaar to your LPG (Liquefied Petroleum Gas) connection to avail of government subsidies and benefits:
- Online Method: Visit the official website of your LPG provider (e.g., HP Gas, Bharat Gas, Indane Gas) and follow the Aadhaar linking instructions on the portal.
- IVRS (Interactive Voice Response System): Call the toll-free IVRS number provided by your LPG provider and follow the voice prompts to link your Aadhaar.
- Through SMS: Send an SMS from your registered mobile number in the format prescribed by your LPG provider to link your Aadhaar.
- Visit LPG Distributor: Visit your nearest LPG distributor’s office and provide your Aadhaar details for linking.
- By Post: Send a letter along with your Aadhaar photocopy to your LPG distributor’s office to initiate the linking process.
- Mobile App: Some LPG providers offer mobile apps that allow you to link Aadhaar through the app.
- Through Bank: If you receive LPG subsidies through your bank account, you can link Aadhaar to your bank account, which will automatically link it to your LPG connection.
Choose the method most convenient for you and ensure that your Aadhaar and LPG details are accurate for a successful linkage.
Connect via SMS/IVR :
IVRS (Interactive Voice Response System) simplifies linking Aadhaar to your LPG connection. Each district has its IVRS number for this purpose:
- Visit the official Indane website here.
- You can call the toll-free number 1800-2333-555 or the dedicated Aadhaar IVRS number provided by your state or region and follow the provided instructions.
- For SMS linking, follow the format mentioned on the website.
Hindustan Petroleum Customers:
- Visit the official Hindustan Petroleum website here.
- You can call to this number+91-22-22863900 and ask for linking instructions.
- For SMS, send the message in the format HP ANY TIME No. (e.g., for State KL 1234567890).
Bharat Gas Customers:
- Visit the official Bharat Gas website here.
- Dial to 1800-22-4344 and ask for Aadhaar linking instructions.
- For SMS linking, send a message to 57333 (All India) or 52725 (Vodafone, MTNL, Idea, Airtel & Tata users).
Before sending an SMS, ensure your mobile number is registered with the respective oil company. If not, follow these instructions:
- IOC (Indian Oil Corporation): Send SMS IOC STD Code + Distributor’s Tel. Consumer Number Example: IOC 1126024289 QX00827C.
- BPC (Bharat Petroleum Corporation): Register your mobile number with your distributor by sending SMS REG distributor telephone number with STD code without zero consumer number (e.g., REG 117654321 564321).
- HPC (Hindustan Petroleum Corporation): Send SMS UID followed by your Aadhaar number (e.g., UID 111111111111).
This process ensures a successful link between your Aadhaar and LPG connection
Connect via Post:
The Government of India provides an option to link your Aadhaar via postal mail. To do this, follow these steps:
- Prepare a speed post envelope with the following documents:
- A photocopy of your Aadhaar letter.
- Your consumer number.
- Your name and address.
- Your mobile number.
- Address the speed post envelope to the relevant office address of your LPG Company. You can find these addresses on their official websites.
- Ensure you have copies of the following documents before sending the Aadhaar letter:
- A photocopy of your Aadhaar Card.
- Address proof (only required if your current LPG delivery address is different from the address on your Aadhaar Card).
- A photocopy of the first page of DGCC (Domestic Gas Consumer Card) / Blue Book or a recent delivery receipt.
- The details requested in points 1 to 6 in the “Aadhaar Registration Sheet.”
By following these steps, you can link your Aadhaar to your LPG connection via postal mail.
A1: Linking Aadhaar to your LPG connection is required to avail of government subsidies and benefits directly into your bank account. It helps in preventing duplicate connections and ensures efficient subsidy distribution.
A2: You can visit the official website of your LPG provider and follow the Aadhaar linking instructions provided on their portal.
A3: IVRS (Interactive Voice Response System) is a phone-based system. You can call the IVRS number provided by your LPG provider and follow the voice prompts to link your Aadhaar
A4: Yes, some LPG providers offer SMS linking. You need to send an SMS in the format specified by your provider from your registered mobile number.
A5: Yes, you can link Aadhaar to your LPG connection by sending a speed post with the required documents to the relevant office address of your LPG Company.
Linking your Aadhaar to your LPG connection is a crucial step to avail of government subsidies and benefits directly into your bank account. The government has introduced multiple methods for linking, including online, IVRS, SMS, and even postal mail, to make the process accessible to all. This initiative not only streamlines subsidy distribution but also helps in preventing duplicate connections and ensuring efficient utilization of resources. So, take advantage of these convenient methods to link your Aadhaar to your LPG connection and enjoy the benefits that come with it.