How To Link Aadhaar With Your Irctc Account
IRCTC, widely utilized by millions of Indians, serves as a platform for booking train tickets for domestic travel. Over time, it has expanded its offerings to encompass a diverse array of travel-related services, including vacations, hotel accommodations, tour packages, flight bookings, pre-booking meals, and more.
Customers have the option of accessing IRCTC via its website or mobile app to make reservations. Presently, users can reserve up to six e-tickets within a month. However, those who have linked their Aadhaar numbers with their IRCTC accounts and have successfully verified the Aadhaar information of another passenger included in the ticket can book as many as 12 e-tickets in a single month. This convenient process can be completed by logging into their IRCTC account via the website or the IRCTC Rail Connect mobile app.
Choice 1: Connecting Your Aadhaar to Your IRCTC Account via the Website
To link your Aadhaar to your IRCTC account via the website, please follow these steps:
- Visit the IRCTC Website: Open your web browser and go to the official IRCTC website (https://www.irctc.co.in/).
- Log In: If you’re not already logged in, click on the “Login” button to access your IRCTC account. Please input your username and password for the login process.
- Navigate to Aadhaar Linking: After logging in, look for an option that allows you to link your Aadhaar. This option may be in your account settings or profile settings. It’s usually labeled as “Aadhaar Linking” or something similar.
- Enter Aadhaar Details: Click on the “Aadhaar Linking” option and provide the necessary Aadhaar details. You will likely need to enter your 12-digit Aadhaar number, your name as it appears on your Aadhaar card, and any other required information.
- Verify Aadhaar: After entering the details, verify the information to ensure accuracy.
- Submit and Confirm: Once you’ve reviewed the information, click on the “Submit” or “Confirm” button to initiate the Aadhaar linking process.
- OTP Verification: You may receive a one-time password (OTP) on your registered mobile number linked with your Aadhaar. Enter this OTP on the IRCTC website to complete the verification process.
- Confirmation: After successfully verifying the OTP, your Aadhaar will be linked to your IRCTC account.
Choice 2: Connecting Your Aadhaar to Your IRCTC Account Using the IRCTC Rail Connect Mobile App
To link your Aadhaar to your IRCTC account using the IRCTC Rail Connect mobile app, follow these steps:
- Download and Install the IRCTC Rail Connect App: If you haven’t already, download and install the official IRCTC Rail Connect mobile app from your device’s app store. Make sure to download the authorized app for enhanced security assurance.
- Open the App: Launch the IRCTC Rail Connect app on your mobile device.
- Log In: If you’re not already logged in, enter your IRCTC username and password to access your account.
- Access Profile Settings: In the app, navigate to your profile settings or account settings. This is typically represented by an icon or option related to your account or profile.
- Aadhaar Linking: Look for the “Aadhaar Linking” or “Link Aadhaar” option within your profile settings. Click on it to initiate the linking process.
- Enter Aadhaar Details: Provide the required Aadhaar details, including your 12-digit Aadhaar number and your name as it appears on the Aadhaar card. You may also need to input other relevant information.
- Verification: Verify the details you’ve entered to ensure accuracy.
- Submit and Confirm: Once you’ve reviewed the information, tap the “Submit” or “Confirm” button to proceed with linking your Aadhaar to your IRCTC account.
- OTP Verification: You might receive a one-time password (OTP) on the mobile number registered with your Aadhaar. Enter this OTP within the app to complete the verification process.
- Confirmation: After successfully verifying the OTP, your Aadhaar will be linked to your IRCTC account via the mobile app.
How to include and authenticate an additional passenger's Aadhaar number:
To add and validate an additional passenger’s Aadhaar number, follow these steps:
- Access Your IRCTC Account: Log in to your IRCTC account on the official website or through the IRCTC Rail Connect mobile app.
- Initiate Ticket Booking: Begin the process of booking a train ticket as you normally would. Enter the details for the primary passenger who will be traveling.
- Add Passenger Details: While booking the ticket, you will come across an option to add additional passengers. Click on this option to include the details of the extra passenger for whom you want to authenticate Aadhaar.
- Enter Aadhaar Details: Provide the Aadhaar number of the additional passenger and their name as it appears on their Aadhaar card. Ensure the information is accurate.
- Verification: Once you’ve entered the Aadhaar details, the system will prompt you to verify the Aadhaar number. This may involve receiving an OTP (one-time password) on the mobile number linked to the added passenger’s Aadhaar.
- OTP Verification: Enter the OTP received on the mobile number and complete the verification process.
- Confirmation: After successfully verifying the Aadhaar of the additional passenger, their details will be added to the ticket booking, and you can proceed with the reservation.
A1: Linking Aadhaar to your IRCTC account allows you to enjoy benefits such as booking up to 12 e-tickets in a month, as opposed to the standard limit of 6 e-tickets.
A2: Yes, you can link Aadhaar to your IRCTC account on both the official website and the IRCTC Rail Connect mobile app.
A3: To link Aadhaar, you typically need your 12-digit Aadhaar number and the name as it appears on your Aadhaar card.
A4: To link Aadhaar on the website, log in to your IRCTC account, navigate to your profile settings, find the "Aadhaar Linking" option, enter your Aadhaar details, verify them, and complete the process.
A5: To link Aadhaar via the mobile app, log in to your IRCTC Rail Connect account, access your profile settings, select "Aadhaar Linking," provide your Aadhaar details, verify them, and finalize the linking process.
Once successfully linked, your Aadhaar allows you to book up to 12 e-tickets in a month, provided you’ve verified the Aadhaar of any additional passengers included in your bookings. While Aadhaar linking was not mandatory as of my last knowledge update in September 2021, it offers valuable benefits for frequent train travelers in India. Please stay updated with the latest guidelines and regulations regarding Aadhaar linking on the IRCTC platform.